Wednesday 8 November 2017

Love is even more important than Jack and Rose could even show on the Titanic.

“I’ve got these images in my head. They won’t go away.” cries Tommy Saunders (the ever so talented Mark Wahlberg and so perfect for this part) in the movie Patriots Day, based on the Boston Marathon bombing that occurred in 2013. Images shot through his head of fallen limbs, several dead bodies, and scatter of bomb shards everywhere in his home town… who wouldn’t have nightmares after that. The fact that we all wake up almost every day to hearing about a killing, a terrorist attack, a hate crime or just terror in general, creates a lot of wonder in citizens heads no doubt. How could this world be so hateful? How could this beautiful life we are given rip people a part? I question these things too. It is hard to praise the light in life when facts are shown to show the darkness. I am 23 years old and have already witnessed in my life time; 76 recorded mass shootings (3 fatalities or more, SOURCE) and over 20 known and major terrorist attacks world wide (including 9/11 in New York, SOURCE). The total amount of fatalities and people injured is too much for me too add up…and just that fact that I don’t really want to know the number to be honest. So hate, makes people question a lot. 
I do watch the news frequently, to learn more about the world, see the latest gossip, etc., so nothing was different for me this past Sunday, November 5th. When viewing the daily news, a title that showed “Mass shooting at Texas Church” came up…and honestly surprised wasn't my feeling at the time, just rage and wonder. 26 people were killed in the shooting, 8 were related including a mother of 3 who was also pregnant at the time. I want to make a point that the shooter was a middle aged WHITE man. Terrorism has been shown on media for years (more specifically after the events of 9/11) to be a Islamic based reference… how far from the truth this can be. I do agree many terrorist attacks have derived from South Eastern countries, such as the GROUP Isis (I emphasize group as it is only a group and should not be directed to the whole Islamic population). However, the amount of “terrorist” attacks, or hate crimes as they may be called for different reasons, are done by many cultures, by many races, by a variety of people, and for many different reasons. Some are for religion, some are for hate, and some reasons that are really unknown. 
From my last post, when I was talking about the media and how they show that video games were creating “psychos” and all, I referred to the point that those individuals may just be born that way and whatever…this just shows even more that media can twist the truth. The truth is terrorism is all around us and is conducted by many different people for different reasons. It is even on our social media with hate posts about different races or body sizes. It is everywhere. 
I know I may be depressing a lot of you, but keep reading I am actually trying to make a point, just with some real life shit to back me up. This world has a lot of hate in it, no doubt, but the amount of good, strength and love we all possess needs to prevail it and hopefully create a safe place to live. “Boston Strong” became a phrase after the marathon bombing. The Boston Red Sox even wore different jerseys in their following game after the attack to just read “Boston”, showing the true strength a community can have to bring people together even after a horrifying event. The reality is, “When the devil hits you like that the only way to fight back is with love…That’s the only thing he won’t touch.” Tommy says in the film. I don't mean to sound like a 70’s hippie chick, but love really does trump evil. If we all can keep loving each other and everyone equally, we can finally stop hate and see the true beauty life has given us.
Yes, I will always question and have anger towards terrorism and hate crime in this world, but the thought that people can come together, like Boston, like New York, like Paris, like Las Vegas, like Orlando, like Texas, and like many more, has to prove that there is still love here and it can make us stronger. 
Prayers and well wishes are sent to the family and loved ones in the Texas shooting.
Love;


Rachel 


More real life shit and funny and true GIF's on my Instagram page, follow true20something or search the hashtag, #true20something. MUAH

No comments:

Post a Comment