Wednesday 11 October 2017

Fairytales can come true…BRB my Pumpkin chariot and horses are waiting

“The book was written by a bunch of stupid girls who make up rumours because they’re bored with their own lame lives.” Aaron Samuels says in Mean Girls, referring to the “Burn Book”. This line in the film truly hit Cady (a not so crazy Lindsay Lohan at the time) right in the heart. People do make up shit because they are bored, but is there a reason to be bored with your own life? Lie to make your life seem more “interesting” like a 1 million dollar cinematic adventure? Honey, your life is a movie.
You know when you wake up in the morning, roll over, check your phone, see the time, and then try to plan your day if you'd slept an extra hour or even 10 minutes? If you would have enough time to do everything you need to do, or would have to take some tasks out? Not because you have “nothing to wake up for”, like some people react when you say you don't want to wake up, but for the sole reason you are just tired. I live a healthy life style, I work out, get my 8 hours of sleep, eat well… most of the time, but still I'm tired. My mind exhausts me, no lie, my mind runs 24/7 with nonsense. 
Over reacting to situations, imagining some future plans, thinking if my life was a movie, right now I would be riding in that red Porsche with Jake from Sixteen Candles (he’s not my type but LORDY you got to love that movie). Then my mind is jumping back to reality every 5 seconds. It is mentally exhausting. I know you all feel the same, your mind is in a constant loop of fantasies and crazy ideas of your life… but really your actual reality isn't that bad. We wish our lives were like cinema, like who doesn't wish they could be in a musical with John Travolta singing about a “sooped” up car. The thing is though, we CAN live their lives. We live in the same world as most movies and TV shows portray their actors to live in, a beautiful world called Earth, living this gracious thing called life. Some things they do are far fetched, but they mimic natural life that we all live, just with some crazy turns. I realized this when my boyfriend told me he loved me (get ready for the sappy shit). Was our 3 month anniversary, this boy, we will call him Austin (he loves that name… wierdo), had bought me flowers after telling me he has never bought a girl flowers before, other than his mom (super sweet mommas boy). He lays me down in his bed, kisses my forehead, with teary yet joyful eyes, brings up our relationship and our feelings for each other, he was scared of my reaction, but it truly was a “made for movie” moment. It wasn't a movie though… it was my life.  
What I am trying to say to you readers is that life is beautiful, tragic, magical, and inspiring like a cinematic adventure. You are the main actor. The comedic relief may be you tripping up the stairs with burning hot coffee in you hands, or as harsh as you farting because you are laughing too hard… in public. The climax may be as simple as midnight before a big assignment is due, or as grand as your “prince charming” making you his only. The tragedy could be as little as pulling your groin muscle and missing a dance competition, or as rough as watching your best friend (at the time) stab you in the back but right in front of your face. No matter how little an incident can be, it is in your movie, you just got to create the outcome, the resolution and the conclusion the way you think is suited best.
 So… stop thinking your life can’t be like the movies you watch, it can be, but with your own personal twist, your own setting, your own supporting actors, your own moral of the story. Movies are here to inspire us, teach us, to make us dream and believe we can be those we admire in these films, or follows their actions (hopefully constructive and kind actions). But make sure you leave in those beautiful landscape scenes in your show, like they do in every movie to show the setting. Such as looking over a grand cliff while sitting on a car with your high school sweetheart like Sam (the GORGEOUS Hilary Duff) from A Cinderella Story. Those are one of a kind scenes (also take many pictures of it). Your life, therefore, your own director. 
Love;

Rachel 

Want more real life smack you in the face truth? Follow true20something on Instagram or just search #true20something! MUAH 

No comments:

Post a Comment