Wednesday 27 December 2017

We should all be more like cousin Eddie... our hearts should be bigger than our brains.

"Hey! If any of you are looking for any last-minute gift ideas for me, I have one. I'd like Frank Shirley, my boss, right here tonight. I want him brought from his happy holiday slumber over there on Melody Lane with all the other rich people and I want him brought right here, with a big ribbon on his head. And I want to look him straight in the eye and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey shit he is! Hallelujah! Holy shit! Where's the Tylenol?”, exclaims Clark W. Griswold from the classic Christmas movie (I’ve repetitively mentioned in my last couple blogs) National Lampoons Christmas Vacation. I feel this is how many people are feeling the last couple days, right after Christmas. Where everyone’s money is spent on gifts and boxing day deals… many people may be blaming their work place and bosses for the fact they are god dam broke now. In reality, we spend WAY too much on the holiday season. Also many of you are probably feeling the need for Tylenol like Clark; with the drinking, the abundance of loud family members, screaming cousins, and the crazy amount of (rude ass, inpatient) people on the streets with shopping… I know I need a bottle… now!
I truly wish all of you had an amazing Christmas and continue to have great holidays into the new year! However, I know many people are struggling over money and are stressed (stress eating as well!) around this time of year. The fact that Christmas (and all other holidays) has become so commercialized and surrounded around monetary gifts drives me insane! I do admit, growing up, I was an only child, therefore the spoiled kid around the holidays and I wanted all the best toys and gadgets. Now, as I have grown, I realize money for sure does not grow on trees and I really don't want any gifts. To show appreciation to family and friends over the holidays, I do believe gifts should be given, though ones that are thoughtful and directed to how you feel about those ones. My wonderful fiancĂ© got my a snow globe, I AM IN LOVE WITH SNOW GLOBES! He knew this obviously, and got a romantic and Christmas joy filled one with a nice and sweetly written card. That is all this girl needs! I am one to want to give a lot to those who deserve it and are in need, but my bank account is not on the same page as me. So giving gifts that “keep on giving” is a happy medium for both my heart and my wallet. Such as written notes, picture albums or charity work.

The holidays is about being with family and loved ones. I know I sound like a broken record over these last couple blogs but that truly is what this time of year is about. I agree, throughout the year, shit gets busy and I don't find myself seeing family and friends as much as I want. With the time off people get around Christmas and New Years, it should be taken advantage of. Like every Christmas movie made, at the end, they always show that loved ones triumph all monetary objects and gifts. The Grinch, I’ll be home for Christmas, Santa Clause, all Hallmark Christmas movies, and more… they all have that same moral or message about the holidays.   

I am sorry for the short blog this week, I have been spending a lot of time out and about (planning my wedding as well YUUUSS!). I wish you all a continuous happy holiday and a Happy New Year! Start your new year off right and be with people you love! Make accurate new years resolutions (hear ALL about that in next weeks blog), learn more, see more, read more, and most importantly… be more who you really are! See you all in 2018!

Love;



Rachel



Want to get more real life, punch you in the face stuff? Follow me on Instagram true20something or search the hashtag #true20something. MUAH

No comments:

Post a Comment