Wednesday 20 December 2017

God bless us everyone... & let us eat good food & a lot of it! AMEN.

“Where do you think you're going? Nobody's leaving. Nobody's walking out on this fun, old-fashioned family Christmas. No, no. We're all in this together. This is a full-blown, four-alarm holiday emergency here. We're gonna press on, and we're gonna have the hap, hap, happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny fucking Kaye. And when Santa squeezes his fat white ass down that chimney tonight, he's gonna find the jolliest bunch of assholes this side of the nuthouse.” Exclaims Clark Griswold (the classic Chevy Chase) in the Christmas movie everyone loves, National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation. With Christmas around the corner I thought I would do a little “fun” blog (all my blogs are fun come on). All my favourite quotes and links to my favourite scenes from classic Christmas movie through out the years. 
Ladies and (possible) gentlemen reading this, I welcome you to:
National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation
Eddie: You surprised to see us, Clark?
Clark: Oh, Eddie... If I woke up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet, I wouldn't be more surprised than I am now.
How the Grinch Stole Christmas
The Grinch: The nerve of those Whos. Inviting me down there - on such short notice! Even if I wanted to go my schedule wouldn't allow it. 4:00, wallow in self pity; 4:30, stare into the abyss; 5:00, solve world hunger, tell no one; 5:30, jazzercize; 6:30, dinner with me - I can't cancel that again; 7:00, wrestle with my self-loathing... I'm booked. Of course, if I bump the loathing to 9, I could still be done in time to lay in bed, stare at the ceiling and slip slowly into madness. But what would I wear?
Scrooged 
Frank Cross: It’s Christmas Eve! It's... it's the one night of the year when we all act a little nicer, we... we... we smile a little easier, we... w-w-we... we... we cheer a little more. For a couple of hours out of the whole year, we are the people that we always hoped we would be!
The Muppets Christmas Carol 
Kermit the Frog: It’s all right, children. Life is made up of meetings and partings. That is the way of it. I am sure that we shall never forget Tiny Tim, or this first parting that there was among us.
My favourite singing Christmas scene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlRpGj7LWS4 
Overall, Christmas is a time to be with family, friends, loved ones and all who are a part of your life and make the holidays even brighter! Cherish these times, take pictures, talk a lot, laugh loudly, eat loads of good food, and be MERRY! These are the moments that make life and this world so beautiful! Enjoy the small things!
Merry Christmas you hooligans!
Love;

Rachel

Want more cheery and merry posts? Follow my Instagram true20something, or search the hashtag #true20something. MUAH 

No comments:

Post a Comment